Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Jade Goody, at the centre of an alleged race row on Celebrity Big Brother, has been evicted from the Channel 4 show.

Goody, 25, was up against Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty, who had been the target of the alleged abuse from Goody and others in the reality TV show.

Almost nine million people watched Goody being interviewed by host Davina McCall, according to overnight ratings.

Goody said her behaviour was "nasty" adding: "I'm not racist, but I can see why it has had the impact it's had."

On seeing clips from the show, she said: "I look like one of those people I don't like."

She looked shocked when McCall showed her TV news headlines - revealing that Goody's comments and behaviour had become the subject of questions in the House of Commons and public debate in India.

She was silent for a few seconds before saying: "That's intense."

Goody, who received 82% of the total votes cast, added: "I apologise to anyone I offended."

Goody, who rose to fame in the non-celebrity version of Big Brother in 2002, already had an inkling there had been a furore around her alleged racist comments before leaving the house.

She made up with Shetty before the eviction, with Shetty saying she did not believe Goody was racist.

Earlier, Shetty was asked by Big Brother whether she felt her argument with Jade was racially motivated.

But Shetty said: "I think it's a sequence of events that created that misunderstanding and made me believe for maybe a fraction of a second that I thought she was being racist.

"But I don't think so today, in hindsight, that she was being racist."

My View:
I think that big brother was totally blown out of proporation. Big brother was the talk of the year and it was internatioanlly broadcasted on order for everyone to see. Not many poeople were interested in it but as soon as they heard that a so called racist comment was said, everyone switched to watch what was going on. Jade reacted the way she would when she was angry, but she should have calmed down since she was on TV as so many people were watching the inccident. It was more of a bully scene that a racist one. It was uncomfortable to watch when danielle and Jo sat their laughing in a middle of an argument between shilpa and jade. They should have known better... they not even celebrities anyway..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home